As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu The Ten Commandments
The beauty and simplicity of the Glorious Qur’an is such that there are many apparent Ayat (verses) which even the layman can understand. Such are the following three Ayat from Surah Al-An’am (6)151. Say: "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from: Join not anything in worship with Him; be kind and dutiful to your parents; kill not your children because of poverty -- We provide sustenance for you and for them. Come not near to Al-Fawahish (immoral sins) whether committed openly or secretly; and kill not anyone whom Allah has forbidden, except for a just cause. This He has commanded you that you may understand."
152. "And come not near to the orphan's property, except to improve it, until he (or she) attains the age of full strength; and give full measure and full weight with justice." -- We burden not any person, but that which he can bear -- "And whenever you speak, say the truth even if a near relative is concerned, and fulfil the covenant of Allah. This He commands you, that you may remember."
153. "And verily, this is My straight path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His path. This He has ordained for you that you may have Taqwa."
Imam ibn Kathir (Rahimahullah) in his Tafsir of these Ayat refers to them as the TEN COMMANDMENTS
. Here is a brief list.
1. Shirk is forbidden
2. Kindness to Parents is commanded
3. Killing children is forbidden
4. Staying away from immoral acts either openly or secretly is commanded
5. Unjustified killing is prohibited.
6. Consuming the Orphan’s property, unjustly is prohibited.
7. Giving full weight and measure- in business deals is commanded
8. Speaking the truth is commanded (testimony)
9. Fulfilling the covenant of Allah is commanded
10. Following the Straight Path is commanded.
This He has ordained for you that you may have Taqwa. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta’ala guide us to be amongst those who abide by all His Commands and forsake all forbidden acts and follow His Straight Path which leads to Jannatul-Firdaus Ameen!
The explanation of these Ten Commandments can be found HERE