|Subject: Surat-al-'Alaq Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:39 pm|| |
In the Name of Allaah, the Most, Gracious, the Most Merciful.
1. Read! In the Name of Your Lord Who created.
2. He has created man from a clot.
3. Read! and Your Lord is the Most Generous.
4. Who has taught by the pen.
5. He has taught man that which he knew not.
6. Nay! Verily, man does trangress.
7. Because he considers himself self-sufficient.
8. Surely, unto your Lord is the return.
9. Have you seen him who prevents
10. A servant when he prays?
11. Have you seen if he is on the guidance
12. Or enjoins Taqwa?
13. Have you seen if he denies and turrns away?
14. Know he not that Allaah sees?
15. Nay! If he ceases not We will scorch his forehead -
16. A lying, sinful forehead!
17. Then let him call upon his council.
18. We will call out the guards of Hell!
19. Nay! Do not obey him. Fall prostrate and draw near (to Allaah)!
The first five aayah of this nineteen aayah makkan surah are the first of the revelation to come down to Prophet Muhammad The angel Jibreel came to the Prophet when he was in the cave pressed him and demanded that the he read. After pressing him for the third time, upon releasing the Prophet, Jibreel recited the first five aayah of this sura.
The following aayah describes man as thinking he is self-sufficient, Allaah then reminds us that to Him is our return. Aayah nine until the end of the surah describe some of the behaviors and characteristics of Abu Jahl. Allaah threatened to seize him and punish him in Hell.
This is is the first surah that we have come across that has a prostration point, found in the last aayah.
Upon hearing this aayah, the reader and the listener, all, can make a sujud to Allaah.
Read more about the details of the revelation of this surah
خَلَقَ He created
عَلَقٍ a clinging substance
لۡقَلَمِ a pen
تَوَلَّىٰٓ turns away
Many new words in this surah Learn them here.
Last edited by Zaza on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited link)
Location: The Wonderful Art Garden